MRC started providing Emergency Ambulance Services in May 1969 after taking over the 999 emergency assistance hotline from the Kuala Lumpur General Hospital. The service, launched on 4 June 1969, was formulated with an agreement between the government and MRC, with cooperation from the Ministry of Unity and Social Development, and the Ministry of Health. Over time, the service standard had improved and MRC currently provides full-time ambulance service to the public for emergencies, accidents and injuries.
At the National Headquarters, MRC has a ﬂeet of 12 ambulances that operate with the support of 34 ambulance medical aides (AMA) and 6 emergency service offcers (ESO).
From 2010, MRC has assisted more than 35,000 people who required medical aid during accidents, childbirth, natural disasters and other emergencies. The 24-hour ambulance service is provided free of charge to the public (emergency).
MRC also offers ambulance standby services for patient transfers, public gatherings, family days, sport events, exhibitions, concerts and more at reasonable rate. The National Headquarters can be contacted for more information on these services. The ambulance services is also provided at the following states: Johor, Melaka, Selangor, Perak, Pahang, Terengganu, Penang, Kedah, Perlis, Sabah and Sarawak.
Terms and Conditions
- The application must be sent two weeks before the date of the event / program
- Any inquiries or changes should be notified to MRC Ambulance Management Department at line 03-2145 3242
- The cancellation of service application shall not be less than five days before the event date / program. Failing to do so will result in a penalty of RM 50.00 (Fifty Malaysian Ringgit) which will be imposed on the applicant
*The Malaysian Red Crescent reserves the right to add, detract or amend the terms and conditions at any point of time.
Terma dan Syarat
- Permohonan hendaklah dihantar dua (2) minggu sebelum tarikh acara/program diadakan.
- Sebarang pertanyaan atau perubahan hendaklah dimaklumkan kepada Bahagian Pengurusan Ambulan BSMM di talian 03-2145 3242.
- Pembatalan perkhidmatan yang dipohon hendaklah tidak kurang dari lima hari (5) hari sebelum tarikh acara/program dijalankan jika gagal bayaran penalti sebanyak RM50.00 (Ringgit Malaysia Lima Puluh) akan dikenakan kepada pemohon.
*Bulan Sabit Merah Malaysia mempunyai hak untuk menambah, menarik balik atau menggubal terma dan syarat pada bila-bila masa.