CREATE YOUR OWN FUND
Creating a permanent fund at the Malaysian Red Crescent can easily be accomplished. If you are interested in creating a named fund, consider the following questions.
What will the name of the fund be?
Funds are often named in memory or in honour of a loved one.
What type of fund will it be? What charitable cause will it support?
You can design your fund to be used for specific purpose.
Discretionary Funds (Unrestricted Grant-making) (RM5,000 minimum)
Discretionary Funds support the changing needs of the community. Grants are awarded in the following areas
- Health & fitness
- Human needs
- Religion & faith-based.
The designation is made at the time the fund is created. Funds may be designated as follows:
- Specific Agency – RM5,000 minimum
- Field of Interest – RM5,000 minimum (same interest areas as Discretionary Funds)
- Geographic – RM5,000 minimum (supports charitable activities in defined geographic area)
- Scholarships – RM5,000 minimum (scholarships may be targeted to a specific school, for a specific segment of the population, for a specific field of study, etc.)
- Organisation Development – RM5,000 minimum (training are related to organisational development, disaster responses, community-based health & first aid)
- Volunteers Training – RM5,000 minimum
- Community-Based Health Care – RM5,000 minimum (supports ambulance services, pre hospitals care and first aid)
Donor Advised Funds – (RM5,000 minimum)
Donor or designee may annually recommend the charitable cause to be supported.
Agency Endowments – (RM5,000 minimum)
Agency Endowments created by a charitable not for profit for its own benefit. The minimum amount must be contributed in a lump sum, although additional contributions may be forwarded in any amount.
What assets will be used to create the fund?
- Real Property
- Tangible Assets
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
Address the donation to:
Malaysian Red Crescent Society
Lot PT54, Lengkok Belfield
Off Jalan Wisma Putra
50460 Kuala Lumpur
Puan Nur Halimatun – Finance Manager
Tel : 03-2144 8122
03-2143 7122 ext 201
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Puan Norelida – Finance officer
Tel : 03-2143 8122
03-2143 7122 ext 202
Cik Noni – Finance Officer
Tel : 03-2144 8122
03-2143 8122 ext 203
You also can fax your donation details to 03-2143 5122 (fax)