CREATE YOUR OWN FUND
Creating a permanent fund at the Malaysian Red Crescent can easily be accomplished. If you are interested in creating a named fund, consider the following questions.
What will the name of the fund be?
Funds are often named in memory or in honour of a loved one.
What type of fund will it be? What charitable cause will it support?
You can design your fund to be used for specific purpose.
Discretionary Funds (Unrestricted Grant-making) (RM5,000 minimum)
Discretionary Funds support the changing needs of the community. Grants are awarded in the following areas
- Health & fitness
- Human needs
- Religion & faith-based.
The designation is made at the time the fund is created. Funds may be designated as follows:
- Specific Agency – RM5,000 minimum
- Field of Interest – RM5,000 minimum (same interest areas as Discretionary Funds)
- Geographic – RM5,000 minimum (supports charitable activities in defined geographic area)
- Scholarships – RM5,000 minimum (scholarships may be targeted to a specific school, for a specific segment of the population, for a specific field of study, etc.)
- Organisation Development – RM5,000 minimum (training are related to organisational development, disaster responses, community-based health & first aid)
- Volunteers Training – RM5,000 minimum
- Community-Based Health Care – RM5,000 minimum (supports ambulance services, pre hospitals care and first aid)
Donor Advised Funds – (RM5,000 minimum)
Donor or designee may annually recommend the charitable cause to be supported.
Agency Endowments – (RM5,000 minimum)
Agency Endowments created by a charitable not for profit for its own benefit. The minimum amount must be contributed in a lump sum, although additional contributions may be forwarded in any amount.
What assets will be used to create the fund?
- Real Property
- Tangible Assets
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
Only 70% (seventy percent) of the generating income of this specific fund is to be utilised for activities and programs of each year. The remaining 30% (thirty percent) is to be kept as accumulated capital for the future and to be replenished from time to time.
Approval must be obtained from MRC National Council and President if the amount required above than 70% is (seventy percent)
Address the donation to:
Malaysian Red Crescent Society
Lot PT54, Lengkok Belfield
Off Jalan Wisma Putra
50460 Kuala Lumpur
Puan Nur Halimatun – Finance Manager
Tel : 03-2144 8122
03-2143 7122 ext 201
Email : email@example.com
Puan Norelida – Finance officer
Tel : 03-2143 8122
03-2143 7122 ext 202
Cik Noni – Finance Officer
Tel : 03-2144 8122
03-2143 8122 ext 203
You also can fax your donation details to 03-2143 5122 (fax)